Penpals are the path to world peace

When people of different races, ages, genders, and nationalities write to one another as friends, it creates an understanding that people are people, no matter who they are. So, it is less likely for leaders to brainwash people into thinking an enemy is subhuman.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

I am very intelligent, organized, and articulate. Nevertheless, I can also be quite nosy and blunt towards others. I do not care about physical beauty in others or myself. I look for spiritual beauty in people. I am a seeker of truth and have formed my own unique set of beliefs. I strive to understand the nature of God and creation, but I adhere to no single religion.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Obtaining a penpal

The purpose of this blog is to see if I can attract any penpals. So, I am going to describe what a penpal is, and then include my penpal ad, as it appears on a commonly seen in a penpal site.

A penpal is a friend, that you communicate with using written words. There are two modes of communication, live and deferred. Each has its advantages, and both should be used. Some people have a natural preference for one or the other. And, sometimes the logistics of someone's life forces this choice. Deferred communication is done with emails. Emails can be written at any time, and read by the other person at any time. Live communication is done using a messenger. The most commonly used are Yahoo and Windows Live (MSN). There is also Gmail and AIM. Both people need to be online at the same time to communicate in this way.

Here is my penpal ad from the site www.penpalsnow.com :

Name: Katz Andrew Gender: male Age Group:41-50
E-Mail Address: akatz712@juno.com
Snail-Mail Address:

United States

Hobbies: penpals, computers, spirituality, astronomy, psychology, history, science fiction
Penpal message / wishes:
Hi.
I am looking for serious email penpals who write long emails. I am a young at heart 50 year old man living in northern New Jersey.

The three reasons why I love to have penpals are (1) I have a need for self discovery. I write about myself and expect my penpals to ask me questions so that I can elaborate. I am very open about myself and no question is considered off limits. (2) I have a need to love people. I tend to become emotionally attached to my penpals after a while. But I do not put demands on people. I just allow it to happen naturally. (3) I have a need to live interesting lives. My life is rather dull right now. Therefore, people who can write me stories from their life, past or current, are highly regarded.

I am very intelligent, organized, and articulate. Nevertheless, I can also be quite nosy and blunt towards others. I do not care about physical beauty in others or myself. I look for spiritual beauty in people. I am a seeker of truth and have formed my own unique set of beliefs. I strive to understand the nature of God and creation, but I adhere to no single religion.

Please look at my Yahoo profile and find links for my home pages:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/penpal_andrew_also



6 Comments:

Blogger TonyaLBC said...

"Penpals are the path to world peace"

I believe you're on the path to true peace. How can there be peace without understanding? How can there be understanding without communication? The easiest way, nowadays, for people in different areas of the world to communicate is via the web.

Your idea is simplistically wonderful. I hope it catches on.

10/11/2006 11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are ya still looking for penpals, well I'd like to be a penpal if ya don't mind. My name is Charla, and I'm 39 and married, I have three daughters 19, 17, and 15. We all live in a small town in Tennessee. My email is charlahurst@Hotmail.com

2/28/2007 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. H said...

Drop me a line via blogger if you are interested Andy! You can read my blog first anyway. Ideal for anyone who is nosy!
cheers
L

4/06/2007 07:24:00 PM  
Blogger Concerned About America's Obesety said...

I can write you a beautiful poem Andrew. Only if you want to hear from me again.
DK

3/13/2010 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Concerned About America's Obesety said...

check out my blog "what i think".

3/13/2010 06:28:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Lawrence And Stacy Toten said...

Andy, Thanks so much for replying to my comment on the "Everything is Energy blog" Have you thought about adding ways on your blog for people to follow you? By adding a follow me button through your dashboard or rss feed. I would be interested in keeping up with your posts and please come follow me if you wish. Namaste, Carol

5/13/2010 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home